AirWalk are an independent consulting firm with a track record of delivering complex business and technology programmes for organisations going through significant transformational change.
We specialise in Programme and Change Delivery, Cloud & DevOps, Technology Enablement & Strategic Consulting. As an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner our Digital practice has delivered enterprise scale Cloud adoption and migration, DevOps and Cloud Native Application Development solutions to some of the world’s largest businesses.
Due to a consistent increase in demand for our AWS expertise, we are looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to support our Digital proposition by providing architectural recommendations to our clients for implementation, deployment and provisioning applications at scale as part of our consultancy engagements.
- Undertake engagements related to cloud architecture with a specific focus on AWS and provide architectural leadership to AirWalk and client teams
- Execute cloud strategy development and migration projects, design and deploy cloud architecture, evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment and provisioning of applications in the cloud, bringing the capability to provide best practice guidance on architectural design across multiple applications, projects or the enterprise
- Apply DevOps practices to the benefit of our clients, bringing development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together, in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which clients can deliver technical solutions;
- Work with DevOps teams to ensure that projects are successfully delivered using DevOps approaches and toolsets
Key Skill, experience & Competencies:
- Strong IT consulting experience of public cloud-based solutions
- Experience in cloud computing (public, private, hybrid) specifically on cloud first application development
- Hands on experience in architecting, estimating costs and operating solutions built on AWS
- Good understanding of the security, performance tuning, resilience and availability required for a large-scale web architecture
- Experience of migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools, automation and methodologies used to deploy solutions within a cloud platform (terraform, ansible etc.)
- Working knowledge of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- A thorough grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies
- A good understanding of how an IT operations department is typically organised and the role that it plays within a large company
If you have a heritage in cloud (AWS) solution architecture, please get in touch for a discreet conversation.