AirWalk transform the world’s largest organisations through a combination of Programme Delivery, Public Cloud Adoption and DevOps – enabling our clients to design, architect, build, migrate and manage their workloads and applications in the cloud.
As an AWS and GCP partner, we play an active role in the eco-system and our small, close-knit but growing team of Architects and Engineers have delivered some of the most challenging public cloud programmes, working in an environment that promotes collaboration, learning and self-development. We work in highly regulated industries and are well known for our ability to enable global corporations to accelerate cloud adoption and cloud native programmes whilst ensuring they manage their internal and market-based controls and security obligations. Our teams spend their days solving big security, compliance and scalability problems, working closely with the cloud vendors on the latest technologies.
As an AirWalk Architect you will always work in a team and you will always be around people you can learn from. We don’t have a pool table, beanbags or nerf guns but we do guarantee variety, the ability to influence, genuine personal development opportunities, and really challenging security and scalability problems to solve.
We like our Architects to have a broad range of technology expertise but critical thinking, problem solving and a desire to keep learning are the things that make people stand out to us
- Undertake engagements related to cloud architecture with a specific focus on AWS and provide architectural leadership to AirWalk and client teams
- Execute cloud strategy development and migration projects, design and deploy cloud architecture, evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment and provisioning of applications in the cloud, bringing the capability to provide best practice guidance on architectural design across multiple applications, projects or the enterprise
- Apply DevOps practices to the benefit of our clients, bringing development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together, in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which clients can deliver technical solutions;
- Supporting Security Architecture Review of Cloud Infrastructure Design
- Providing technical input and know-how to architecture governance processes and forums for new AWS services
- Work with DevOps teams to ensure that projects are successfully delivered using DevOps approaches and toolsets
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong IT consulting experience of public cloud-based solutions
- Experience in cloud computing (public, private, hybrid) specifically on cloud first application development
- Hands on experience in architecting, estimating costs and operating solutions built on AWS
- Good understanding of the security, performance tuning, resilience and availability required for a large-scale application architecture
- Experience of migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools, automation and methodologies used to deploy solutions within a cloud platform (Terraform, Ansible etc.)
- Working knowledge of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- A thorough grasp of Agile and Lean delivery concepts and methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of infrastructure builds and configurations of a variety of AWS services including EC2, Lambda, S3, databases (e.g. RDS, DynamoDB) and VPC configurations
- Demonstrable experience of designing cloud networks (VPC & subnets)
- Demonstrable experience of designing for security
- Demonstrable experience of designing for failure
- Critical Thinking – the ability to assess multiple possible solutions and then select the correct one, mapping to business needs
If you don’t fancy working at one of the big names where you’re an anonymous part of their plan to exit, but do want to learn loads, upskill yourself and work in an environment where the only way is to do cloud “right” – then come and talk to us.