There may be many different reasons why you’re considering migration, but whatever the reason the preparatory activities are key to success.
Airwalk have a proven migration strategy which includes a comprehensive range of services.
We execute a structured 4 phase approach to ensure that the actual migration is smooth and successful.
Phase 1 Assess
- In this phase we gather information on applications and infrastructure, identify target architecture patterns, conduct TCO, cost analysis, review licensing requirements. This will also include conducting a migration readiness assessment (MRA) following AWS best practice.
Phase 2 Mobilise
- We will need to build migration plans including scenario planning, migration runbooks
- Review organisational preparedness, skills, training and gaps
- Address any operational readiness concerns (including non-functional requirements such as security, reliability, observability, cost etc.)
Phase 3 Migrate
- Getting ready to migration may include establishing Command and control, running dress rehearsals and rollback scenario test before actually executing migration.
Phase 4 Optimise
- Once the applications have been migrated, focus will shift to performance and cost optimisation
Get started on your migration today.